Anybody can become angry, that is easy; but to be angry with the right person, and to the right degree, and at the right time, and for the right purpose, and in the right way, that is not within everybody’s power, that is not easy.
– Greek Philosopher, Aristotle (384 BC – 322 BC)
Fort Smith Behavioral Health offers an Anger Management Program using either group sessions or individual sessions as methods of treatment. During the twelve sessions, the clinician provides all three major anger control interventions: cognitive restructuring, healthy relaxation skills, and social skills training through the use of role-play. The purpose of the sessions is to focus on anger management strategies that improve anger regulation skills. This program is not to be used solely for treatment for domestic violence.
Allocation of Visits
Each participant of the Fort Smith Behavioral Health’s Anger Management Program will attend (1) intake/orientation session, (12) therapeutic group or therapeutic individual sessions, in order to receive a certificate of completion. Sessions will need to be completed within (16) weeks of participant’s intake date to receive a certificate of completion. If sessions are not completed within the (16) week window, case will be closed and/or court notified of noncompliance issues. The first session or intake/orientation session will familiarize participant with program expectations so that common ground can be obtained; all questions will be answered during the intake/orientation session. The following twelve therapeutic sessions will be focused on all three major anger control interventions: cognitive restructuring, healthy relaxation skills, and social skills training through the use of role-play.
Anger Management Program Logistics
- Mandatory Orientation Session: (1) Session
- Number of Sessions: (12)
- Length of Sessions: Therapeutic 1/2 Hour to (1) Hour
- Frequency of Sessions: One Time Weekly
- Session Time: By Scheduled Appointment Only Call for Appointment Time: (479) 494-7889
- Class Location: 1620 South 46th Street, Fort Smith, Arkansas 72903
- Payment Source: Third Party Reimbursement Only Fort Smith Behavioral Health is in network with most major insurance providers except Medicaid. For persons without insurance, Fort Smith Behavioral Health can provide assistance in acquiring third party reimbursement.
- Required Text: $5.00
- All Payments Due on Date of Service
- 18 years of age or older.
- A degree of willingness to complete homework assignments and self-monitoring of behaviors.
- Willingness of participant to honestly examine or review the consequences of destructive anger management skills.
- Individuals exhibiting severe depression and/or suicidal or homicidal ideations.
- Individuals with a significant history of physical violence and who express an inability to refrain from violent outbursts in a structured setting.
- Individuals who have delusional beliefs or psychotic features that influence their anger response.
- Active or untreated alcohol or other drug dependence issues.