Fort Smith Behavioral Health offers a Marijuana Education Class or Marijuana Offenders Program (M.O.P.). The class is 2 to 2 ½ hours long depending on whether or not a break is requested by class participants. During the 1 class session, the instructor provides participants the opportunity to assess their experience with marijuana, learn about the impact marijuana has on the brain and body, and understand the social consequences of marijuana use. The 2 to 2 ½ hour session is a form of education not treatment.
Allocation of Visit
Each participant of the Fort Smith Behavioral Health’s Marijuana Education Class or M.O.P. will attend 1 class in order to receive a certificate of completion at the end of class. Full payment for the class will be due on date of class. If participant is unable to pay for class on date of class, the court will be notified of participant’s noncompliance with program expectations.
Marijuana Education Class or M.O.P. Logistics
- Mandatory Class Session: (1) Session
- Length of Session: (2) to (2 ½) Hours
- Session Time: Last Saturday of the Month from 9:00 AM – 11:00 or 11:30 AM Participant Must Call to Register for Class and Verify Session Time
- Program Location: 1620 South 46th Street, Fort Smith, Arkansas 72903
- Cost: $100.00
- Payment Source: Cash or Money Order Only
- Payment Due on Date of Service
- 18 years of age or older.
- A degree of willingness to self-monitor behaviors.
- Willingness of participant to honestly examine or review the consequences of marijuana use.
- Individuals with a significant history of physical violence and who express an inability to refrain from violent outbursts in a structured setting.